Prime Minister appoints a committee
Prime Minister appoints a committee to study the 20th Amendment to the Constitution.
Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa has appointed a Committee comprising Parliamentary Representatives to study the 20th Amendment to the Constitution, the Prime Minister’s Media Secretary announced.
The nine-member Committee, comprising Cabinet Ministers, State Ministers of and Members of Parliament, is chaired by Cabinet Minister Prof. GL Peiris.
Relevant members of the committee are as follows:
1. Minister GL Peiris
2. Minister Udaya Prabhath Gammanpila
3. Minister Mohamed Ali Sabri
4. Minister Nimal Siripala de Silva
5. Minister Wimal Weerawansa
6. State Minister Susil Premajayantha
7. State Minister S. Viyalendran
8. Member of Parliament Dilan Perera
9. Member of Parliament Premnath C Dolawatta
The report of this committee is due to be handed over to the Prime Minister on 15th September.